Tutor-Led PRINCE2 ® Foundation Certificate
The School of Business Competences organises this course in collaboration with the Open Management Education Center (OMEC), Poland, an accredited training and certification organisation. The course is accredited by the APM Group and the Project Management Institute (PMI).
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of the Cabinet Office (the British Government).
In the price:
- The official manual “MANAGING SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS WITH PRINCE2®” (not obligatory) – the official manual of Project Management with the PRINCE2® methodology of the British Government (Cabinet Office) in English. Further developed material is also available to the participants to cover and synthesise the knowledge from the manual in case they choose not to buy the official manual.
- Pre-course materials for self- preparation available 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the course, as well as printed materials for the 3 day attendance training.
- Preparatory free of charge seminar “PRINCE2® in less than 1 hour!”.
- 3 day attendance training, led by accredited tutor with proven experience in the project management. The course is in the English language.
- Freedom to choose the exam date.
- Courses in small groups for better communication with the tutor and personal dialogue of each participant with the tutor.
- Free of charge second participation in the PRINCE2 ® Foundation course, in case one fails on the certification exam, after charging the exam fee only.
- Catering in the coffee and lunch breaks.
Project managers, members of project teams, managers of project organisations and people, looking to develop in the area of project-, program- and portfolio- management.
Introduction to PRINCE2®
What is a project? Managing business changes with the model P3M3. Project, Program, Portfolio. Characteristics of a project.
Overview of PRINCE2®
Structure of PRINCE2®. Principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2®. Terminology.
Principles of PRINCE2®
7 principles: Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, Manage by exception, Focus on Products and Tailor to suit the project environment.
Starting up a project process
What could happen if we ignore that process? Project mandate. Pre- project phase.
Themes of PRINCE2®
Detailed review of all themes of PRINCE2® – Business case, Organisation, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change, Progress.
Processes of PRINCE2®
Process model of PRINCE2®. Detailed review of the processes of PRINCE2® – Starting up a project, Directing a project, Initiating a project, Controlling a stage, Managing product delivery, Managing a stage boundary, Closing a project.
Tailoring PRINCE2® to suit the project environment
Duration and form
25 study hours, 3 days.
1 1/2 – 2 hours for the certification exam
3 day intensive attendance course in English.
standard price: 539 eur
early bird price(30 days before the course start): 399 eur
certification exam: 180 eur
official book(not a must): 80 eur
Special discounts for: groups, company trainings, students.
All participants receive a certificate of participation.
If successful on the certification exam, the participants are awarded with the internationally recognised certificate PRINCE2® Foundation certificate. This certificate is required to certify in the next level PRINCE2® Practitioner.